Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer project decided.

With the assistance of Suzannah and her fabulous DIY blog, Adventures in Dress Making (check it out), I have decided that I will attempt to make a clothing item by the end of the summer. Hey, maybe even two! I discovered her amazing blog a week or so ago and she has motivated me to be a little creative - DIY creative. I used to sew a lot when I was younger...I was a whiz at making doll clothes, bags, pillows, throw blankets, you name it. What I really want to do is make a dress, but I think i'll start out small. Maybe a skirt? A cute summer top? I'll be sure to share what I come up with...even if its a flop! lol.

Number two project is re-organizing my closet. I have a ton of space, but I'm not using it wisely. a month or go I purchased a shoe rack ($29.99) at The Container Store and the big, white box has been sitting in my room waiting to be opened and assembled. Can't wait! It'll free up even more space for me and if organized correctly, I'll be able to see everything I own. I can't tell you how many times I'm searching my closet and I pull out a shoe or a handbag I forgot I owned. Terrible, huh? Hopefully that will be a problem of the past.

 
Discount Rack: A friend of mine emailed me this Old Navy coupon. It's always a hit or miss for me when it comes to Old Navy. Sometimes I see the most amazing finds, other times, not soo much. One thing you can always count on is your basics. If you're looking for tanks, tees and jeans, you'll find it at the Navy! Click on the coupon and hit the print button. Enjoy :)



Outfit Pick: Although yesterday was "dress-down" day (YEY for wearing jeans at work! :), I had a couple of meetings, so I sucked it up and threw on my favorite electric blue blouse:


Top :: Bananna Republic
Skirt :: Ann Taylor
Shoes :: Jessica Simpson
Necklace :: Forever 21
Belt :: BCBG

Have any projects planned for the summer? It's already July... summer will come to an end soon. Can you believe it!?!

Natasha xoxo

Shoe rack photo courtesy of thecontainerstore.com

7 comments:

  1. lovely top and belt! good luck with your summer project. i think you should try and make a skirt! that would be great. :)

    http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blue and red together! :D oh.. i was just fixing my closet awhile ago.. i still need a day or so to finish it. hahaha! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color of that blouse. And I especially love how you paired it with a red belt!! Gorgeous.

    xo
    jess

    http://CheapButChicClothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girls! Thanks for the comments... i love pairing blue with red. It's a little loud, but hey, so am I! :)

    Natasha xoxo
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blouse!!!!! Gorgeous!!!

    xoxo

    Ana

    hendayestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely look! Great timing for me to visit your blog, I'm collecting diy inspirations and thank you for sharing that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like my blog ;)
    You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by! xo, tasha