Sunday, July 31, 2011

Homemade Sunday Salsa


Sunday is the day the BF and I like to take time out for ourselves and simply do nothing. Even if that includes doing nothing on the lake, at the beach or at our family's homes. Today we decided to lounge around my house and watch movies. The best part... was my salsa dip! Here's an easy recipe anyone can follow: 

Ingredients
3 tomatoes, chopped
5 serrano chiles, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lime juice 

Directions
In a bowl, stir together the tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Include any additional ingredients you want. Chill for one hour in the refrigerator. Serve with pita or tortilla chips.

Nutritional Information
According to All Recipes, here's the nutrition stats per serving: Calories: 51 | Total Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg


How do you like to spend your Sundays?

xoxo, natasha

Photo credit: Roots and Wings Co.

4 comments:

  1. That looks delish - I love fresh salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! i think your heart shaped chips are my favorite part!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make those heart shaped pitas/chips/???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I made those chips, aren't they cute? The photo was taken from Roots and Wings Co.
    xo, tasha

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by! xo, tasha