Monday, November 21, 2011

What to Wear: Black Friday Shopping

I can't tell you how many times I've went shopping with family, friends or just the BF, and I always seem to forget the importance of dressing appropriate for Black Friday. I figured I'd compile a few thoughts and jot it down in this post.

The Shoe
Probably the most important thing. I always seem to grab the four-inch heels and forget that parking will be a disaster. It's always best to wear something comfortable. Remember, you will be trotting farther than usual, and you may want to reach for the flats or riding boots. Since that isn't realistic for me (I love my heels), I tend to go for the wedge...I'll have both the height and the support.



The Outerwear
Although the weather is more like summer here in Florida, past Black Fridays have been such a struggle to keep warm. The weather is cool, the stores are hot or vice-versa. I've learned to bring a favorite cardigan or sweater along with me. I'm always cold, so this way my boyfriend doesn't have to hear me complain for hours and everyone is happy :)



The Purse
I tend to have a lot of large, deep handbags. It's a obsession to be able to carry everything thing I may ever need in one bag. Seriously, I'm always prepared. My current handbag includes band-aids, backup lipglosses, super glue and a sharpie pen. Should I see a shrink? haha. I always have to remember to keep my Mary Poppins bags at home. After all, I end up leaving the mall with a million other bags to carry back to the car. I've found that my Coach crossbody bag is perfect for Black Friday shopping. It holds just what I need: credit cards, coupons, cell phone and my keys.



So who's planning on braving the craziness and enjoying the Black Friday sales? If you have any other tips to share, please do, below in the comments :)

xoxo, natasha

14 comments:

  1. I will be working at DSW on Black Friday.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often head out on black friday, the day after a holiday seems better spent watching movies on the couch and munching on leftovers. Why fight the crowds - the better deals are usually on december 23rd anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tips! I never shop on black friday because I have really bad anxiety, especially when it comes to crowds. But if I were brave enough, I think comfy flats or boots would be a must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I have only done Black Friday once...and it was kinda fun but I felt too rushed (I like to take my time shopping! :-) ) Also, I strongly dislike waiting in line, and that seemed unavoidable!
    I don't have anything to add except maybe bring a snack? Lol!

    Xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the objects. So beautiful!






    Xoxo,

    http://www.sacosha.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ralph Lauren "Sonya" riding boots are simply perfect...but what i love the most is the saddle bag! I follow you!


    Michael Kors GIVEAWAY:

    http://thegorgeousdoll.blogspot.com/2011/11/michael-kors-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute!! what a lovely blog I'm your new follower!!
    kisses
    Pau

    http://treschicbypaulina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Great picks here! Ha, I'm waiting for the day after Christmas sales...those are THE best! xo www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can be blog buddies hehe, I love finding new blogs! xoxo

    http://joellenlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had to actually shop on Black Friday, but I always work it, for as long as I can remember. haha. And working in retail its often difficult but could be fun. Since you live in Florida, bundling up really isn't necessary, but flats definitely are, people are ALWAYS running around, I mean literally running. As soon as our store opens, people run like crazy. Flats I suggest. And coupons, please read them so you once you get to the register, you're not disappointed to find out that sale actually starts later in the night or even the following day. That happens all the time to us! Another thing PATIENCE. Sometimes people think they'll get in and out, but everyone is doing the same thing you are.

    I hope that was helpful. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good hints! i've never been black friday shopping and plan to go this year... so thank you!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vanessa @ Cupcake Couture :: Thanks for the tips hun! I couldn't imagine working in the malls during Black Friday... I would skip my lunch breaks and go broke! :)

    xo, tasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dear.You have written a great post. Going to share with my followers on twitter. Thanks for sharing.

    customized girl

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by! xo, tasha