Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Recent Purchases: Forever 21 + Target

The BF and I decided to get away this past holiday weekend to enjoy four days off work in Miami. It was so nice to turn off our cell phones (maybe I checked twitter and emails a few times :) and spend nearly the entire weekend at the hotel pool or on the beach with our feet in the sand. I did talk the BF into going shopping on Monday, and while the sales weren't too exciting, I picked up a few things at Forever 21 and Target.


Left / Right: Classic Buttoned Dress (Purchase)

Positives: I absolutely love the sleeves on the dress. Most of the dresses I own are either sleeveless or 3/4 sleeves, so I was excited when I saw the rolled, flutter cap sleeves. I'm generally not a "pink person," but the bright, salmon color is so lovely in person. Oh, and there's pockets...I can't say no to a dress with pockets :)

Negatives: I'm not a fan of the button placement on the collar. (I'll most likely unbutton the first three buttons.)

Verdict: Keeping
...................

 Left: Striped dress purchased at Forever21, Right: Similar Floral Striped Dress (Purchase)

Positives: I was instantly drawn to the blue and white, nautical stripes. It is made of 100% cotton and extremely versatile. This little number is an appropriate length for work, and would pair nicely with a blazer and heels. It is also ideal for running errands on the weekends with a pair of wedges or flats. The price tag is also a plus. Only $9.90 and available in a cute, bright pink as well.

Negatives: While the material is a bit thicker than most of Forever 21's cotton pieces, I suspect this dress will not only shrink in the wash, but loose it's color a bit.

Verdict: Keeping - priced at only $9.90, it's a steal!
...................

 Top / Bottom: Mossimo Pearce Patent Pump (Purchase)

Positives: These are a cheap dupe for my favorite "Ambitious" pumps at Nine West (pictured above in tan suede on left and nude patent leather on right). The soles are made of a flexible thermoplastic rubber and includes a  non-skid tread on the toe and heel. The 3.5 inch heel is perfect for work, and these bold pumps look great with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans.

Negatives: The shoes are made of a faux patent leather material, which is more prone to scratches and scuffs. Disappointingly, there is also no toe-cleavage.

Verdict: Keeping - A pair of ruby red shoes can brighten up any outfit! Can't wait to wear 'em. Debating whether or not to return.


Did you score any goodies during the President's Day sales this past weekend?

xoxo, natasha

13 comments:

  1. i love that striped dress! i just saw the floral/striped one online, i'm gonna HAVE to get this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see an OOTD! The dress is extremely comfortable...you will rock it! ;) xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. el vestido abotonado me encanta, pero me gusta más la tonalidad del que lleva puesto la chica! :)

    Besos desde
    http://www.yoavogueytuacalifornia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Antonio! I guess it's just preference. I feel the buttons leading up to the collar is a bit restricting and less "spring-like." Love your style by the way! xo, tasha

      Delete
  3. Nice. :)

    http://lusiairusia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the pumps... but toe-cleavage depends on the individual (I hate it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My best friend and I had this discussion a few days ago - I'm all about some toe-cleavage! xo, tasha

      Delete
  5. great purchases honey, the first dress i really nice!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finds.. loving the red dress and the pumps
    love
    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all these items you got! I worked during president day so i didn't get to do any shopping!

    <3 Denise

    PS: Be sure to enter my giveaway!!

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you are a girl after my own heart! These are my two favorite stores!! I spend waaaay too much money at both! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following now. Hope you will do the same! Cheers!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Shanna. I love your blog! xo, tasha

      Delete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by! xo, tasha