Friday, September 28, 2012

Decor with a Touch of Animal Print

You know that I'm a huge fan of incorporating animal print into my outfits. Don't get me wrong. I'm not an advocate of wearing it head-to-toe, but I do believe that a little touch of print can really add some personality to a plain, one-color ensemble.

First coat of paint on living room (east wall)

My living room is getting a face lift. Finally. I just recently stripped the walls of it's boring, cream color and painted it a lovely mint green [my obsession for this color doesn't end at just clothing]. I currently have tan, leather furniture, which I hope to replace soon. But in the mean time, I think it will pair nicely with a dabble of zebra. Here's just a snippet of decor inspiration I was able to gather online:

Photos courtesy of Google images


What are your thoughts about adding splashes of animal print to a large living space?

RELATED POSTS:

12 comments:

  1. Love it! I've always wanted to have a cowhide rug! And I never thought of painting a room mint green but I have to say....pretty genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowhide, yes! I'm actually trying to locate the very exact one (locally) you see in the photos above... dark brown and cream. The colors may go better w/ my decor, than black and white. xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. I'm not a huge animal print fan, but I do love your idea of incorporating small pieces into your living space. When I think of animal print I think of Snooki and Jwwow's apartment where they duct taped everything to be animal print. lol.
    I LOVE that you're painting it a beautiful mint color. I can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no... not Jersey Shore! That's a perfect example of "what NOT to do"...too much animal print can be disastrous :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  3. Awesome interiors! Thanks for inspiration!

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the interior design is fabulous! Love the funky zebra print, it really adds a punch to an otherwise plain, simple space. =)

    Anna @ FEED ME NANA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. me encanta este estampado! es ideal

    pásate por mi blog que tengo nuevo DICTIONARTY OF FASHION #3
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great inspirational pictures! I think that added in small doses animal print can make a room chic and extremely stylish!!
    xoxo
    Patricia


    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the same, a touch of animal prints looks great. I also know that children really like animal prints and we offer some cute wall stickers on http://www.prestochangodecor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos, I'm not a big fan of animal print in furniture but you've changed my mind : )

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adooore animal print. You have some pretty inspirations! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

    ~Phuong
    http://classypeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by! xo, tasha