Thursday, November 1, 2012

Recent Purchases: Brights + Prints


This is probably one of my favorite times of the year! Over the last few weeks, there has been numerous Friends and Family sales, and I definitely took advantage of them. I'm still waiting on a few orders to ship, however I wanted to share some of my recent purchases with you.


Button Back Pintucked Blouse (PURCHASE HERE)
Absolutely love this blouse! I always feel like I'm taking a risk when ordering online from Forever 21, but I hit the jackpot with this item. Surprisingly, the 100% polyester blouse is better quality than most of their items and the gold stud buttons that cascade along the back are lovely. Verdict: Keeping.

Pintucked 3/4 Sleeve Dress (SOLD OUT ONLINE / STILL AVAILABLE IN F21 STORES)
The color is bright and flirty, and the dress includes a built-in pink slip and a cute gold button on the front. Unfortunately, the fit was way off (about one size larger). Verdict: Returning.

Essential Knee Length Skirt (PURCHASE HERE)
I saw this gorgeous turquoise color online and immediately added it to my shopping bag...the color looks even prettier in person! However, I'm not impressed with the fabric (too thin), and although the skirt was lined, tucking in a shirt is not an option. Size 2 was the smallest size available, and it's about two sizes too big for me. Verdict: Returning.


Essential Pocket Skirt (PURCHASE HERE)
If you are looking for a classic navy blue pencil skirt, this little number is for you! The craftsmanship is better than most at Forever 21 (I wish they would be more consistent), and it's lined. There's one more thing I love about this skirt: pockets!! So convenient, especially for work. The price tags is very reasonable at less than $20. Verdict: Keeping.

Polkadot Pencil Skirt (NOT SHOWN - MAY BE AVAILABLE IN GAP OUTLET STORES)
I have a love for polkadots, and I'm a major fan of pairing mustard yellow with navy blue. I picked up this skirt at the GAP outlet this past weekend and I can't wait to wear it! Verdict: Keeping. I'm selling a size 0 (here) on ebay if you're interested. SOLD
 
Rockstar Printed-Dot Jeans (PURCHASE HERE)
You probably remember reading about my love for these Old Navy skinnies here. I can't say it enough. These have been my trusted "go-to" jeans on the weekends. I typically have a hard time finding jeans that fit, so you can only imagine how excited i am about these. They also come in a pretty mint, red, purple and tangerine.Verdict: Keeping.


Dalmatian Patterned Dress (PURCHASE HERE)
I saw this dress hanging on the sales rack for $15 and I was shocked. This is a blogger favorite that has been sold out in all the H&M stores in my area. The print is fun and with the help of a classic cardigan and pumps, this dress can be worn to work. Also love the exposed gold zipper along the back. Verdict: Keeping.

Front-Zippered Tweed Jacket (PURCHASE HERE)
One of my favorite bloggers wore this jacket in a recent post, and I knew I had to visit my local Target and try it on. The color is more of a lovely coral, not red. The exposed zippers are edgy, however, the structured style and tweed fabric gives it a classic look....something you'll be wearing for years. Runs about one size small. I purchased a size 2, and I typically wear an XS/0. Verdict: Keeping.

Please share your Friends and Family finds below the bump!



Only 4 days left to enter the Cocorrina Giveaway, for a chance
to win a statement fishtail necklace and bracelet set!
.

26 comments:

  1. that jacket is so cute - we're getting Target in Canada soon and I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, you can purchase it online! Honestly, the quality is great and the color is just stunning! xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. What great purchases! I did a post about my October finds today!


    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad the trend this season is brights and prints it made everything more cheery especially as we transition into the grey of winter. i love old navy's rockstar denim too wearing my red ones today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making a conscious effort to stay away from black and grey this fall...hopefully I can do the same in the winter! xo, tasha

      Delete
  4. Love the Old Navy skinnies!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a couple of giveaways on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite. I'm thinking about getting them in mint... the color is too cute! xo, tasha

      Delete
  5. So awesome!! Love your purchases!!Makes me want to make some!
    -Adrienne. xo

    http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com
    http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, take advantage of all the current sales! :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  6. Love all those bright colors! Great picks. xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! I've been eyeing those polka dot ON jeans, and even purchased the chambray shirt version today! I've seen it on so many bloggers. I also love the dalmation dress, you will have to post an outfit picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try on a pair...I'm certain you'll be SOLD! ;) xo, tasha

      Delete
  8. love this!
    http://katy009fashionagent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a temptress:) I want that dress now & that boucle jacket from Target!!! Thanks for sharing these lovely finds.
    xo, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! A Temptress :) The bouncle jacket is one of my favorite items this season. It's structured enough to wear to work and edgy enough to pair with destroyed jeans and heels for a night out. LOVE the coral color!! xo, tasha

      Delete
  10. I love that pink dress! It's so pretty and feminine!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't get enough of prints this season, especially for the fall! I having been trying to hold out on shopping until Black Friday, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do that since I read "Polkadot Pencil Skirt". I. Am. Going. Shopping. Sigh. Thanks for breaking my no shopping goal, lol. In addition, thank you so much for visiting my blog, I really appreciate that you even took the time to leave me a comment!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Genie, but it's hard to say "NO" to a sale! :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  12. such fun pieces! love the colors!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the dalmatian dress! Such a classic and so fun for work and a date.

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that palette! & your blog...
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Hope to hear from you soon
    xoxo
    Ally O

    http://thegirlwithblueglasses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the turquoise skirt and dotted pants!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute cute cute! love the colors.

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by! xo, tasha