Saturday, August 28, 2010

Family in town & OOTD.

I have been running around since Thursday night, because my aunt, uncle and cousins have traveled down to the sunshine state. I love it when family comes to visit. I have a lot planned for the weekend, and i'll even try to sneak in some outlet shopping. If I do, i'll be sure to post my finds on Monday!

Outfit Picks: Over the past month, it's been Casual Wear Month at work and I'm actually a bit excited that we will be back to our regular work attire in September (countdown in 4 days). I know it sounds crazy, but after wearing jeans [almost] every day, i'd like to get back into my skirts and dresses.

I actually had a meeting with a few vendors, so denim wasn't an option on Friday. I call this my "teacher outfit"...lol. It was practically 100 degrees outside, so it was nice to be able to take off my cardigan, as I hiked [in heels] through downtown.

 Skirt :: Espirit
Tank :: Old Navy
Cardigan :: Ann Taylor (seen here)
Shoes :: Nine West (seen here)
Handbag :: Coach ( seen here)

I always thought I'd be thrilled to show up to work in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, but there is something about "dressing the part" that makes me feel a little more productive at the end of the day. What is your dress code at work? What would you consider an ideal dress code?

Have a great weekend ladies!

Natasha xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, classy, and polished! A look I wear often ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag,so classy outfit,like it :)

    New post from Paris on www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love the cardigan and the skirt!

    http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teacher outfit!! SOO Cute!! You look totally sophisticated and ready to take on the work world! And 100 degrees??? Yikes!!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit---so cute.

    My dress code is usually business professional (bleh). I wish I could wear a little more casual. A lot of the trendy items I buy can't really be incorporated into a business professional dress code. I do get a break every now and again if I am in the office though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mere :: I know what you mean! I didn't feel comfortable wearing skinny jeans on "Dress-down Fridays," until I found a pair that went perfect with work-appropriate heels! I always try to purchase versatile items I can dress up or down.

    Natasha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit! well.. I'm not sure what the dress code is at my work but I would go with professional. I have never had any complaints about what I wear, and I feel that as long as an outfit is well put together and "polished" there shouldn't be an issue x
    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your dressed up style it works for you so well. That skirt is amazing, and a i love the richness of that cardigan. xx

    iUNDEREYE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wearing skirts. They're feminine, comfortable, and look chic! However, I love jean Friday. Sometimes after wearing suits all week and spending major cash at the dry cleaners, it's nice to throw on a pair of jeans and flats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the color of the cardigan. Not only is the outfit adorable but blue is such a great color on you!

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah :: Thank you! Electric blue is one my my favorite colors! :)

    Natasha xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha