Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm getting involved & OOTD

A friend and I decided that we really wanted to give back to the community and volunteer, so we did some research and joined our local Red Cross chapter. Yesterday was the first meeting we attended, and I am absolutely thrilled we went! The volunteers are all so amazing. All age groups, leaders within the community and very passionate about their volunteer work. I met a number of people whom I was connected with through business and school.

I am most excited about two projects we are currently working on...a charity golf event and a valentine's gala. I plan events [as part of my job], so I am revealed that I can contribute in a number of areas. If you are interested in volunteering, I urge you to do so. Click here to learn more about getting involved in your area.I will keep everyone posted about my activities with the Red Cross.

Outfit Picks:  I wanted to wear this top today, because I purchased it from Forever 21 this past weekend. I love the puff shoulders and the 3/4 sleeves keep me warm at the office.


Top :: Forever 21
Skirt :: Purchased in China (last seen here)
Belt :: Banana Republic (last seen here)
Shoes :: Jessica Simpson (last seen here)

Do you volunteer your time for a non-profit organization? What made you want to get involved?
Just one more work day left Ladies! ;)

Natasha xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I love the sleeves on the top, and it looks great with the tan skirt. The belt is perfect with the skirt. I volunteer at my local humane society and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is gorgeous! I have been killing myself trying to find something similar, but it seems that every skirt I try on is either too tight, or too poofy ;)
    That's wonderful that you are volunteering. It's so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chas :: I used to volunteer for the Humane Society when I was in college. Wish I had more free time to volunteer for other organizations!

    Noelle :: Thanks doll. If I see anything in my travels, I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that belt, which season is it hun?

    Yes, I do volunteer, I teach classes at the Y and donate generously to the Children's Hospital. Good for you for volunteering!

    besos,

    ML
    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome you are volunteering. Your outfit is adorable. I recently bought a skirt very similar to this from Zara. I haven't worn it yet but it looks fab on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous outfit! you have the best legs. someone had to say it! hahha. you always look so cute and have the best outfits!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ML :: I purchased it about two years ago during the fall season. Hope that helps :)

    Mere :: Thanks hun. I visited Zara for the first time this past weekend...and WOW! I fell in love. I can't believe it took so long to come to my local mall.

    Paislea :: You are such a sweetie! I actually hate my legs. lol. [Insert tangent]... I have to ask, are you loving your new iMAC?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is probably the cutest work outfit I've ever seen. Lucky co-workers in your office that are fortunate enough to be blessed with the presence of your great style!


    tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely outfit, Natasha! Love the combo of blue and taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that outfit!
    I have tried volunteering but so far no luck since I can't bring my baby with me to the ones I have asked about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joining the Red Cross is an amazing thing to do.:D

    The outfit is polished and cute.:D I like fit of the top on you.:D

    I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that skirt is to die for. Seriously. I love it.
    Now that it's back to school full time and working part time, I don't have time to volunteer but in the summers I always volunteer for the human society!

    Yours Truly, MJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the outfit! The colors go well together and you look great! -J

    ReplyDelete
  14. very sweet outfit! I don't do any volunteer work but I want to eventually. There aren't that many opps in NZ though I don't think.
    I have volunteered at the SPCA though!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving the look...

    http://www.donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if u like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the top and your huge belt! So cute.

    your valentines gala sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  17. less is more...like it:)

    visit me on www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously, that outfit is PERFECT! You rocked it! Oh, and love the fact you're a F21 shopper too... Can't get enough of that store :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving this outfit, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha