Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On the road.

I am working in Jacksonville this week for the next two days, and I'm already bored. lol. After work, I decided to venture out and see what was walking distance from my hotel. Ladies, there isn't much: A TGIFridays (which I've ordered dinner from the past two nights), a gas station, and few random business offices. Since I don't have much territory to to roam, a co-worker and I have set aside some time tomorrow [after work] to travel north to one of the busiest malls in Florida (and over 160 stores), the Avenues Shopping center and hopefully I'll discover some new options for dinner. For those ladies who travel for work, what do you do to keep yourself busy while you're on the road?

Outfit Picks: Unfortunately, I won't have any new outfit posts until I get back home, because 1). I left my digital camera at home and my blackberry is a horrible substitute (boo for needing more memory to take a decent photo) and 2). If I did have my camera with me, I'd bore you with collared shirts [in a number of colors] and pencil skirts. This seems to be my "on the road" outfit when I'm at events. It's easy and professional :).

I did take some photos prior to my fight yesterday. I like to be comfortable (and casual) on the plane, so my favorite boyfit shorts were my first choice. I paired with my newest shirt from Old Navy, which turned out to be a good idea, considering I had to set up for an event right after I landed.


Blouse :: Old Navy (last seen here, purchase similar here)
Shorts :: American Eagle Outfitters (purchase here)
Belt :: Forever 21 (last seen here)

My blog is on its way to being 50 followers STRONG and I feel so fortunate. THANK YOU, THANK YOU MY LOVELY READERS. I love all of the blogger friends that have made, and I have really come to enjoy the whole blog experience. I smell a contest coming on... I will keep everyone posted within the next few days ;)

xoxo, Natasha

Ps. Twenty-Something has received the Sunshine Award from Chas at Denim to Dessert. Thank you doll.

16 comments:

  1. Woohoo to almost 50!! I swear I'm stuck on 27, haha oh well!

    And I love those wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a comfy outfit for travel. Comfort is key when traveling.

    I sometimes tag along with the hubby on business, and the trips I pick go along usually have some different shopping than what I'm used to. That allows me to kill time during the day. I also make sure that my bag is loaded with books and magazines. In the evening, hubby and I will explore the town a little and find some food. Other than that, I'm afraid travel for business can be on the boring side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award, you definitely deserve it! Those wedges are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. swatchcat :: How lucky you are to have your hubby come along with you on trips. I did remember to bring a book with me for this trip. I never have time to read at home, so this is the perfect opportunity to sneak in some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50! That's awesome! Thanks for mentioning me in your last post. :) I do like your blog.
    And when I'm on the road...hum... normally go out to eat...swimming if there is water, and shopping. I do like to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great outfit for traveling!

    Congrats on the blog award!

    CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to be following your blog.:D

    Love the nude sandals!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I don't even know where Jacksonville is - but I do know of TGIFridays! They have delish food... well, I do love the massive drinks!

    Cute outfit, I just looove your long tan legs x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the followers, I think blogging is so great cos everyone is just so nice and positive all the time, it really makes me day much brighter :)

    Love the purple shirt, great colour.

    http://www.sunshinelollipopsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely combo..
    love the shorts.
    now following your blog.
    please follow back and check out my blog.

    www.fashionphoenix06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely outfit
    your shirt is so cute
    :)

    thanks for the lovely comment on my blog sorry im so late in replying back :)
    http://vintageaurora.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marie :: Thanks for following hun.

    jamie-lee :: I LOVE TGIFridays as well. My favorite dish is the Sizzling Chicken and Cheese...yummm :)

    Emma :: I couldn't agree more!

    Onyinye FaFi Obi :: Thanks for being my 50th follower! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your outfit is sooooo cute! i love the shorts! so sad that summer is almost over! can't wait to see your outfits for the fall though!!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is my absolute favorite pair of shorts Paislea! So comfy! I'm dreaming of wearing boots, but the weather here in Florida is sooo Hoottt! I think we have another month or so before we see any signs of Fall here :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comfy and cute! :)Have fun on your trip. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color of the shirt is very lovely and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha