Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering September 11th


I'm not sure what made me want to watch the replay of the NBC broadcasting today. I can't believe it has already been 9 years. Do you remember where you were when you heard about the attacks? I do. A number of my family members live in NY and worked in the city. The entire day was spent trying to get in touch. I remember [on that day] sitting in my dorm room and staring at the TV in disbelief, and thinking "this doesn't happen in America."

Sorry this post is a downer, but I wanted to pay a small tribute to the people who risked their lives on that faithful day. Thank you.

Natasha xoxo

5 comments:

  1. i actually dont remember it happening i think as a child my parents sheltered me from things of this nature but its always a really sad day and we stop to remember the dreadful things that happened

    http://vintageaurora.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so pretty of your part, dedicate this amazing post to this tragedy..
    i can't believe it has already been nine years also..
    xoxo tamy

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy it has been 9 years.

    I was in hs driving to my bf's house to go out to breakfast because we had a delayed start. they were talking about it on the radio and I wasn't paying attention and kept changing the channel. I walked into his house to see his whole family standing in front of the tv and I walked in right as the second plane hit the tower.

    such a haunting memory. every day I thank god for the brave men and women who fight for us and put themselves at risk. my heart also breaks for all of those directly impacted by the attacks. so, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, sorry I've been MIA lately!! I'm back in the swing so wanted to stop by and say Hi!!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back Jamie! :)

    Natasha xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha