Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Whine and CR Lace Top

Monday is here again. Why does it come along so quickly when you're having fun? The BF and I treat the weekends as mini vacations, since break from school and work don't come by as frequently as they once did. Remember three months off for the summer? A week or two off for spring break? Another few weeks off for the holidays? Being an adult has definitely put a damper on "free time."

Now that football season is back, I spent my Saturday watching SEC (South Eastern Conference) games at a friend's house. Tara baked the guys football-shaped sugar cookies and I made my special three-cheese, bean dip! Yumm.

I also started my new workout routine this weekend. I usually go to the gym three days a week and work on cardio. I plan on still attending the gym, but every other afternoon, I'll take a bike ride for a couple of miles. I used to ride when I was in college, and it was a great way to tone my legs.

Outfit Picks: When I first saw the Charlotte Russe lace top on a number of blog sites, I wanted to purchase it instantly. Unfortunately, it was sold out online and I had to call a few stores to locate it in my size. I LOVE this blouse. It's got a vintage feel and I always receive compliments when i wear it. I tucked it into a black skirt [this time] and paired with my nude pumps. Please excuse the nail polish. lol. It wasn't my first choice for this outfit, but Tara and I were doing nails on Sunday, and I really wanted another few days of wear before I removed. I love the Essie Resort Collection!




Blouse :: Charlotte Russe (similar here and here)
Skirt :: Ann Taylor (last seen here)
Shoes :: Mossimo for Target (last seen here, buy here)
Nails :: Essie Turquoise & Caicos (buy here)

What does your workout routine look like? What fun things do you do with your friends as you root for your favorite football teams?

Natasha xoxo

26 comments:

  1. so pretty and sophisticated!

    http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit and no worries about the nails---that happens to me all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls!

    Mere :: Isn't it funny when you start coordinating outfits around your nail color?!? haha!

    Natasha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! I'm loving the top tucked into a skirt. I'll have to wear mine that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love that blouse, so pretty! I really like that nail color too.

    As for peacoats, I'm also looking for one this fall. I noticed a few nice ones at Topshop for reasonable prices, so I will probably end up buying one from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh, LOVE that top!! It's so cool and sophisticated!

    I am amping up my workout routine. I feel so doughy lately, lol. I usually do cardio, some strength training and I love yoga. It's such a great way to get tone and feel relaxed.

    As for fball, I'm an Iowa Hawkeye so Saturday is a very big day and we spend it cheering on the hawks usually at a bar downtown :) I love football season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lace blouse and nail color!
    http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. the lace top is so flattering on you! lace doesn't work on everyone, but i love it with the bright nails and high-waisted skirt--so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noelle :: Thanks doll! I stole the "tuck-in" look from Veronika's blog. I would have never thought about tucking this blouse in, but it looked fabulous on her!

    Chas :: It's one of my favorite nail polish colors! Thanks for the Top Shop rec. Have you seen the Gros Grain Soft Jacket?! OMG! I love the color.

    POL :: I used to take hot yoga classes a few months ago and LOVED it! They were only available on the weekends and I've been so busy, so I didn't return. My local gym has a spinning class I might sign up for too! Oh...I'm a HUGE Gator fan (and Alumni)...so I'm just thrilled you didn't say Ohio State :)

    Miranda & Tania :: Thank you ladies! I'm not a lace person at all, but something drew me to this blouse. The most surprising thing is that it's a bit versatile. I have seen bloggers dress it up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that you paired the blouse with the American Eagle boy fit shorts. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look.

    Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi love,

    Thanks for stopping by! That top is amazing and I'm sad it's sold out! I'm all about vintage-inspired everything...

    PS - I think the nails are fab. Mine are currently teal green.

    xx

    http://novembergrey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit!! I'm jealous of all you ladies who got that lace top.

    I like bright nails, even if they seem a little too much for an outfit. and I love your ring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very chic outfit! Love the nail polish :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love glam outfit, and the pop of color on your nails is so cute! Your blog is wonderful...I'm a follower. :)

    swatchcat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love how you & your bf treat the weekends like mini vacations! its sounds soo familiar ;) hehe


    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love that blouse! I saw it in the store and fell in love!

    love the blog!

    we're following!

    & thanks for the sweet comment!
    http://bravotalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That lace top is so very pretty!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh yes your nails are popping! Just love it!
    xoxo tash

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the blouse! Going over to get it now...

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely love the nail colour, killer!!!!! so awesome you mixed neutral with neon. love your blog, definitely a new fave and following :)

    http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that lace top! I can't get enough lace lately! Great nails too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why would I excuse that nail polish...? I love it!! You are so fashionable and cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha