Thursday, February 17, 2011

OOTD: To tuck or Not to tuck?

Guess what tomorrow is ladies?! I'm excited. I've been working so hard on projects over the past few weeks, I'm looking forward to spending a long weekend relaxing and enjoying time with the BF and friends.

Today I wore one of my favorite skirts. While it was made for the winter months, it has a tint of sherbet orange, which makes it appropriate to wear throughout the year. I accessorized it with a basic white tank, a puff sleeve cardigan and the most comfortable pair of tan, suede pumps!




Tank :: American Eagle (purchase similar here)
Cardigan :: Forever 21 (last seen here)
Skirt :: Tucker for Target (last seen here)
Shoes :: Nine West "Ambitious" (last seen here, purchase here)
*45% off MSRP @ 6pm.com
Handbag :: Louis Vuitton Neverfull (gifted)

After I got home from work today, I took a peek and scrolled through the pages of my favorite blogs. I came across a post made by the adorable Jean @ Extra Petite. It was as if she was speaking to me through the computer screen. Ha! Jean believes there's a better way  to wear a fitted cardigan, while achieving a cleaner, prim and proper look, and improving your overall shape definition. HER SOLUTION: tucking the cardigan into your skirt. I quickly stood in front of the mirror, rearranged my outfit, and added a belt.





So what do you think? Are you a tucker? Or do you prefer to wear your cardigan "tuck-free"? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!

xoxo, Natasha

Ps. Don't forget to enter the COSMOPOLITAN subscription giveaway! :)

22 comments:

  1. I like it both ways, it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think on you it looks cute both ways because your cardi is more fitted.. whereas i think jean from extra petite.. used a bf cardi so it's much too big to begin with on a petite frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that pretty skirt from the Tucker line! Wow, I have to say...I like it both ways on you. Usually I am 100% for tucking (on me, anyways) but the way you wore it in the "before" was really cute. I *might* even prefer it that way because the more I look at the more I like!

    Tucked in, the whole look changes. It's very sweet and prim and my eyes are drawn to how small your waist is - I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit! I like it both ways. I usually don't tuck my cardigans, but I'm also tall, so I generally don't have issues with longer cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it tucked.... but you look adorable both ways! Nice to have doubled your outfits with cardigans! AWESOME! Cheers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comments ladies...I have to say, I like both ways as well. I think I will attempt to duplicate the "tucked in" look next week with another cardigan in my closet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it both ways! I think "tucked out" makes you look a little more relaxed, but still put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful skirt! i love the tucked in look and think it really accentuates your figure. and the ribbon bow makes the whole outfit so sweet and feminine!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how much color you incorporate into your outfits!!!
    I'm definitely a big fan of color, but I always throw back to back in my outfits... I don't know why, but I love the sleekness that I get/feel from wearing black pieces.

    ChuckRefreshed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whitney, Kileen :: Thanks dolls! I spotted this skirt at Target and as soon I tried it on, I feel in love.

    Chuck :: You are too sweet. I actually color coordinate my closet and I have waaay too much in the "black" section. I have made a conscious effort to wear more color over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like it not tucket in..it flatters u more....

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fabulous, I like it both ways, but prefer tucked!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, this is by far my fave outfit! I love it all! The bright cheery color, the LV bag =) I think it looks amazing either way actually. It's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Under tucked .

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Untucked! Though it looks super cute both ways <3 x www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it - both ways actually!!

    And love the orange (or 'sherbet'), great colour.

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I like both ways! That skirt is awesome! I think both ways work, depending on the cardigan. If it is a loose fitting cardigan or is really long it could look bulky, but yours is fitted and looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uuuhhh, I can't decide!! It looks great both ways! I think I like it better tucked. I usually wear all of my cardi's untucked but I belt them to add definition. I should try this tucked business sometime!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous color palette on you.....I like both but prefer the tucked version!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that skirt!!!!!!!!!!!! i like tucked in!
    lots of love, ayan

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha