Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I've Fallen for "the Cape"

Thank you readers who are following me on Twitter! I think I'm getting a hand of how everything works and I have to say, It's nice to get to know everyone a little bit better! :)

I've been thinking about purchasing a coat this season. I found the perfect trench coat last year and was even able to pick up the cutest yellow pea coat for a very good price. However, I've fallen for "the Cape." There's just something so classic about the style. After doing a little research, I learned that "the Cape" was first  worn by females in the 1890s. How can you not love clothing that has been able to stay relevant for the past hundred plus years? Here are a few capes I found online. I'm tempted to purchase the JCPenney pick (numero cinco) below with the leather trim:


1. Steve Madden Coat, Long Sleeve Belted Cape $99 @ Macys
2. Classic Cape Coat $38 @ Forever 21
3. Calvin Klein Goldtone Closure Knit Cape $160 @ Macys
4. Coat $179 @ H&M
5. Worthington® Cape w/Faux Leather Trim $75 @ JCPenney
6. Betsey Johnson Capelet Coat $129 @ Dillards


What do you think of "the Cape"? Is it practical for the Fall and Winter months?

xoxo,
Natasha

7 comments:

  1. i want a cape!!! they're sooo gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're so cute! With those long sleeve gloves.. so perfect for winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it on others but have to say I don't think it's really me, especially given that I live in SF :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with capes. LOVE that they're so stinkin cute. Hate that they don't keep me warm enough against Chicago winters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning in red! I got a grey cape last year, but I didn't wear it as much as I should have.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are pretty capes. Number 4 looks so cute and comfy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha