Thursday, October 4, 2012

Currently Reading: Matched



















One of my goals this year was to read more. My life (both work and play) is constantly busy, and I often forget how relaxed I am with a glass of wine and a great read. This is why I was thrilled when I was offered the opportunity to review a #1 New York Time Best Seller, Matched. Ladies, I picked up this book one weekend, and stayed up until 3am to read it cover to cover. I couldn’t put it down. Ally Condie is a great writer and has a gift of tying words together beautifully. I generally dislike reading book reviews, because they often give a lot of the details away. So, I won’t ruin it for you.

I love a love story. I mean, what girl doesn’t? This book is a teaspoon of Hunger Games with a cup of Twilight (minus the brutality and all the vampire stuff). The main character is seventeen year old, Cassia, whose life suddenly changes after the flash of two images. She may be “Matched,” but her heart leads her to the center of a love triangle. It doesn’t stop there. Cassia discovers that her once trust for the society’s choices are fading, and rebellion takes over. She realizes that the only life she’s known (calculated, according to statistics) is far from what life should be – free and imperfect. This love story is bundled with dark secrets, happiness and pain, and relationships tangled with deep passion.

If you haven’t picked this up, Matched is available online and at most book stores. To find out more about Matched, and to join in on the conversation, click here.

Have you read Matched? What books are you currently reading?

RELATED POSTS:


Disclosure Statement:BlogHer Book Club and Penguin teamed up to provide me with a copy of Matched, and are compensating me for my time reading the book and writing a review.  However, as always, my opinions are strictly my own..

27 comments:

  1. I liked both Hunger Games and Twilight, so this book sounds great to me. THanks for the intro.
    Mom Fitness Journal | Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to pick up a copy, you won't want to put it down :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. Hi! Would you like to follow each other? :) Just let me know.. Thank's! Kisses from VV!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Katya, it definitely was! It don't get any better than red wine and a great book :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  4. I love a good love story, you need to read Beautiful Disaster, I reviewed it on my blog its so so good. Btw. I'm your new follower, hope you like my blog too : )

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi, I'm ready for another really good read. I'll check this one out. Is Jamie McGuire a favorite author of yours? xo, tasha

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of the book but I love a good love story too so I'll have to check it out :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy read... you'll enjoy it! xo, tasha

      Delete
  6. omg I'm so glad you posted about this! I have been reading a LOT lately and I'm always searching for the next book to read before I even finish the one I'm currently reading! Can't wait!

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey Jackie! I must warn you that you'll also want to pick up the sequel and the finale books too! I'm already reading the next book in the series :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  7. I've read this book too. (^_^) I finished it a couple of months ago, bought the sequel right away, but haven't started reading it yet. Right now I'm reading Shatter Me (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shatter-me-tahereh-mafi/1100394792?ean=9780062085504) After that, I'll move on to the Matched sequel. It's in my list of books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add Shatter Me to my list of books to read for the year! I've already read the first chapter of the sequel, and can't wait to knock it out this weekend :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  8. Most of the books I read have strong, feminist driven female protagonists. How does the main character in this book stack up to that? I much prefer "Hermione" over "Bella"

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question Molly! Cassia is probably the exact opposite of strong and driven at the beginning of the story. She becomes more sure of herself and her own beliefs toward the end... xo, tasha

      Delete
  9. I'm going to have to check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Part Hunger Games??? I'm in! I'm going to order it right now. Thanks for sharing.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Shannon! Before you know it, you'll be reading the sequel:) xo, tasha

      Delete
  11. This is on my Nook wishlist so I won't forget to read it.

    I have soo many books I want to read and I've read more since I started taking the public transportation and bought a Nook. I enjoy getting lost in a good story.

    xo,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, I really should get s Nook. I feel I would read so much more if I did! xo, tasha

      Delete
  12. i have a stack of books i need to finish. just no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Finding time to read is such a challenge! :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  13. i love to read....i'll have to get this for next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the book. You won't be able to put it down! :) xo, tasha

      Delete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha