Monday, March 4, 2013

My Picks: Mad Men Collection at Banana Republic

I'm a huge Mad Men fan. The mod, polished styles are chalked full of everything I love about 1960s  fashion: Tailored suits, geometric prints and swanky mini-dresses. Banana Republic, in collaboration with Mad Men costume designer, Janie Bryant, just recently released their third Mad Men Collection. And although I haven't seen these designs in person, the photos are enough to drag me into my local store to try them on!



 
There has also been quite a stir surrounding the face of Banana Republic's latest collection, Supermodel Coco Rocha. Complaints are mounting that she is much thinner than the voluptuous female characters commonly seen on AMC's Mad Men. While I typically like to stay out of sensitive subjects, like weight, I have to say, I would've loved to see Banana Republic embrace the hourglass silhouettes of the 1960s.

 Banana Republic Ad Campaign


 Are you a Mad Men fan? Do you agree with the campaign backlash?


  
 RELATED POSTS:

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So fun! Love the pattern :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. Love all of the dresses you've shown!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched Mad Men although one of my best friends tells me to almost daily. I think Christina Hendricks is probably as flawless as they come but wasn't Twiggy a big 60's model? That red head in the BR ads has the same build as that waify model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gingham crops are too cute, but the white shift dress is my favorite!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous collection from Banana Republic! I need to do some shopping.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this collection! Those ballet heels are so pretty!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of the clear heels! xo, tasha

      Delete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha