Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Splurge vs. Steal: The Classic White Peplum

Is peplum still trending? I'm a fan! I purchased the steal option from Forever 21, after reading some positive reviews on the website. When I finally received my package earlier this week, I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting the quality to be so great, especially at a $16 price tag. The polyester is butter soft, yet the blouse is some-what structured. Oh, and the exposed, gold zipper, adds such a nice touch.

  / SPLURGE / DKNY Peplum Blouse / Purchase Here /

  / STEAL / Short Sleeve Peplum Top / Purchase Here (white sold out), Here /


Bloggers do it better!! I'm not the only one who loves a 'lil white peplum. Here are three fashion blogger looks I wouldn't mind duplicating:

/ BLOGGERS / a / b / c


Splurge or Steal?
.

 
 RELATED POSTS:

18 comments:

  1. 239!? That's crazy! Thank God for Forever 21, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look- so crisp and clean!

    And definitely a better score at Forever21. Nice find!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I couldn't agree any more! xo, tasha

      Delete
  3. WOW. The one from Forever 21 looks nearly identical!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find it in stores, I highly recommend you purchase! I still can't get over how well-made it is! xo, tasha

      Delete
  4. I never would pay $239 for a shirt! Thank goodness there are alternatives. I would, however, pay quite a bit for that green pleated maxi skirt from Piperlime. I suspect that will be finding it's way to my closet shortly.

    FYI: I'm visiting from the First Friday blog hop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, It's one of my favorite skirts! Thanks for visiting :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  5. New follower from the blog hop!

    www.lukerfamilytales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Staci! xo, tasha

      Delete
  6. White Peplum is gorgeous! So classic and chic. Stopping by from I don't wanna go to the gym. :)

    Lura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I actually like the steal better!! Love the blog - following you!

    http://afterallissaidanddunn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't buy anything expensive anymore before checking out Forever 21. Hate it when I splurge on something and the next week I see the EXACT SAME thing at forever for a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your blog on the first friday blog hop and just started following on google friend connect. I love posts like this with cheaper versions of pricier items. You don't have to spend a fortune to look cute!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may have to go to Forever 21 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of them! I have the HM version without sleeves and love it.

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say yes peplum is still trending and I just love the looks that you featured. Because the white is so crisp I think it looks great paired with bright bottoms. What a fun summer trend!
    www.the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha