Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What I Wore: Breaking [My Own] Rules

Never before would I believe I'd find myself wearing more color than neutrals, or have a closet filled with chambray blouses and denim dresses. I've broken many of my own fashion rules, but this one comes as a huge surprise: I'm starting to have a lot of love for light denim. I'll admit it. For years I was a dark denim snob, but recent trends have really opened my eyes.

dress: target / wedges: sam edelman (old) / necklace: j.crew

I recently purchased this sleeveless drawstring dress from Target and I find myself wearing it every weekend. I'm all about ease, and this dress fits the bill. You can wear it to just about any event. Happy hour, check. Shopping, check. Dinner, check. Here are some other light denim dress options I'm tempted to try on:



Do you wear light denim?
.
 
RELATED POSTS:
..

13 comments:

  1. Hi there, new follower from the GFC hop :)
    I love the accessories you paired with this dress and I always love a dress that cinches at the waist. Looking forward to following along on your blog :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinched waist dresses are a favorite of mine as well. Thanks for following Jessica! xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. Love your dress and necklace. I just got the similar one from F21 you have listed as #1.

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi, I ordered the same dress this weekend. Can't wait to see how it fits once it's delivered. Crossing my fingers ;) xo, tasha

      Delete
  3. Love your necklace and the color!

    xo jen
    Pearls & Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I wear this bubble necklace more than I ever thought I would. It's funny how versatile the color turquoise can be! XO

      Delete
  4. I love that penguin one! Super cute.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red bow belt really compliments the dress. Too cute! xo, tasha

      Delete
  5. You look fabulous! I love it when we break our own rules, why not? I definitely need chambray in my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is so up your alley, Noelle! XO

      Delete
  6. Such cute options! I love 4!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya! Looks left looks right lowers voice shhh "I use to be a goth" and I am wearing all denim today!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha