Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Trending: The Drop-Waist Dress

I purchased my first drop-waist dress in May from Banana Republic, and fell completely in love with the style. It's a modern twist on the 1920s flapper ensemble we've all come to love. A super comfortable dress that can easily transform from work to weekend wear. Heels are a natural compliment, but this style looks equally as good paired with sandals, wedges and even flats. These bloggers have also embraced the drop-waist and added their own personal spin to the look:





Ariel @ Closet by Oz

Maegan @ Love Maegan

If you're looking to add a few drop-waist pieces to your wardrobe, there are tons of alternatives available. Urban Outfitters and ASOS seem to have an overwhelming selection of dresses to choose from. These five caught my eye:

one / two / three / four / five


Is the drop-waist trend something you'll be wearing this season?
.
 
RELATED POSTS:
.

7 comments:

  1. I think drop waist dresses are adorable! They aren't super-flattering on me though, so I haven't picked one up yet!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are cute, but I dont have the body to pull it off. I feel like this is really only good if you arent curvy. Great selection though!

    Rach.E.Cakes – A Life and Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people can do the drop-waist SO well!! I just don't know if I could pull it off. It's cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this trend! krystal looks amazing in her dress!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it weird that I haven't really noticed this trend in store? I am basically loving all of these different looks!!

    I'm not sure that I can pull this off, but I will definitely keep an eye out.

    Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog :)

    xoxo Jackie
    http://somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha