Monday, February 10, 2014

Wardrobe Staples: The Skinny Pant

After the New Year, a few of my favorite bloggers committed to a list of resolutions and goals for the year. One being to challenge themselves and omit shopping for an extended period of time. I went a little easy on myself. Instead, I've limited my shopping to just those things I believe are considered "staples" for my wardrobe. What is a staple, you ask? That item you reach for when you can't figure out what to wear in the morning. A staple isn't necessarily a black pencil skirt or a white collar blouse. Staples in my closet include mint green cropped pants, a bubble gum pink blazer and even leopard printed pumps.

I'm excited to write this post, because I think I've found the perfect skinny pants. Ladies, you can wear the Banana Republic Sloan and the J.Crew Minnie (or Winnie at Factory stores) to work AND out to run errands on the weekends! These are the quintessential "go-to skinnys"... and, you're in for a treat. You can pick up a pair for less than $30!

 Banana Republic Sloan Fit Slim Ankle Pant: New Vermilion | Tanzanite Gem | Neon Yellow
 Use Code: BRFUNMON for 35% OFF your Banana Republic Purchase


My Banana Republic Sloan pants are a lovely deep neon yellow color and I always get comments every time I wear them. There's no need to roll up these babies when pairing with flats. They hit me right at the ankle. The way they are supposed to.

 Use Code: XOXO for 30% OFF your J.Crew Factory Purchase


I purchased my first pair of J.Crew Minnie and Winnie pants last week and I've already worn them a handful of times. I can't take 'em off! Super comfortable and I was most surprised about how well they fit my petite shape. Can't beat the price...I think I might just pick up another pair!


What skinny pants make your list of wardrobe staples?
.
.
  RELATED POSTS:

12 comments:

  1. I love bright pants! I have the worst time with fit whenever I try on pants though... one day I hope I find the perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, I totally understand your challenge. Finding a perfect pair of pants for someone as petite as I am is always a struggle! Here's a quick tip when shopping online: Purchase a few sizes and shapes (petite, long, etc) at once...then return what you need to! This is how I was able to find my size :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  2. I need to add more color jeans in to my closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, the best part is that these aren't skinny jeans! You can wear 'em to work :) XO!

      Delete
  3. Oh very cute pants, now I´m following you in GFC (356) and Bloglovin´ (173) I hope your follow me back in both!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Sakuranko! xo, tasha

      Delete
  4. I really love skinny pants but it takes me a while to find the right styles that look good on me. I love the Minnie but it always looks a little off on me.
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    Enter my giveaway for 2 $75 Belk Gift Cards here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, you might want to give the Banana Republic Sloan a try... they fit slightly different than the Minnie. A tad higher on the hip. XO!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Simera, these are the next best thing...they are skinny pants! You can wear 'em everywhere :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  6. I love, love, LOVE the JCrew Minnie pant. I have a few pairs and will for sure buy several more. Sounds like I need to try the Banana Sloan pants, too. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Pants ,love the Colours!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha