Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Splurge vs. Steal: The Winter Boot + 25% OFF Sale Alert

I tweeted about this Target find a few months ago, immediately after discovering it's 2015 Fall launch. I was thrilled because I missed the opportunity to purchase these beauties last year, as they sold out only a few weeks after appearing in stores. A Target employee told me that quantities delivered to that location was quite low and they didn't expect any more shipments. So you can imagine, when I saw these online, I immediately placed a pair in my shopping cart and hit the purchase button.


SPLURGE Sorel Tofino Boot / Purchase Here: Cordovan / Red Plum / Black

How do these boots compare to the "standard" i.e. Sorel? It's a fraction of the price, so I'm sure you're not surprised that the craftsmanship isn't the same. However, I'm quite impressed by the outside construction. I plan on doing a review of these boots, once it starts snowing up here in NYC. I'm curious to see how these will brave the harsh weather ahead. I have a lot of confidence that they will pull through. If you reside in much warmer climates (I'm talking about you, Florida), grab a pair for sure, as they will last you through your cooler months for years to come.

STEALTarget Noelle Winter Boots / Purchase Here: Tan Grey Black


 SHOP MORE WINTER BOOT OPTIONS  





Oh! One more thing! As you prepare to shop all the amazing Black Friday sales online, be sure to check out SHOPBOP.com! Save up to 25% OFF your total order by entering GOBIG15 at checkout. The more you buy, the more you save! Offer ends Monday, November 30th! #SPLURGE

MY SHOPBOP SALE PICKS —



13 comments:

  1. A great comparison! I've got to admit to loving the multi-strap design of the 'splurge' boots, though I can't deny the 'save' versions would be kinder on the bank balance! ;)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabrielle, We owe it to ourselves to have a pair of Sorels in our shoe closet... but yes, the steal option will be a little lighter on the wallet ;) XO!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I can't believe how closely these look like the Sorels. I do have to say that I think its worth it to splurge on one pair of snow boots. I spent tons of money on cheaper boots throughout my life that didn't keep my feet warm or dry. Last year I finally invested in a nice pair of Columbia boots (from the outlets so they're cheaper but still) and they're going to last for years! So, sometimes it's worth it to spend more and you save in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gretchen! I couldn't agree with you more! Many times, you will end up saving a lot more money by investing in the "real thing"... although, more and more, it's getting difficult to compare the quality of a splurge & save item. For example, I have a trench coat I purchased from Forever 21 five years ago, that is a dead ringer for a Burberry model. It’s one of my favorite jackets and it’s still got a ton of life left :) XO!

      Delete
  3. Great post, girlie! I love the splurge and steal concept :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Jalisa -- enjoy the holiday weekend! :) xo, tasha

      Delete
  4. Wow, can't believe how similar the steal is to the splurge. Both boot options seem great for snowy days

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I thought the same thing when I first spotted them! XO

      Delete
  5. They both look cute - the splurges and the steals! Hope that they keep you cosy in the snow!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback from my fabulous readers! Thank you for stopping by!
xo, tasha